Friday, March 25, 2011

Setting Goals

Everyday I read the blog, "Get Rich Slowly" which has helped me think about my personal finances, spending habits, and life in general.  Today's blog post was all about setting goals. This is something I tell my students to do but in all honesty I don't practice in my own life.  So here we go with a short list to start, in no particular order.
  • Pay off credit card This is something very tangible and can be easily done!
  • Crochet enough stuff to warrant an Esty page
  • Take Scout on more walks This is something more for me than Scout.  Every since Nick and I left New York City we are not walking as much and this is pitiful because we live in a very nice, picturesque village where there is plenty of walking room on the sidewalks.
  • Put more money into my savings
  • Buy a house
  • Buy a piece of Stickly furniture at an auction  One day I would like to beat out a dealer!
  • Read more Again, I am not doing as much of this since leaving New York City.  I think it is because I am no longer sitting on the subway for 30 minutes.
  • Listen more Sounds easy but maybe one of the hardest things to do, especially when talking to young college students.
  • Do more with the community
  • Learn to take care of bees
I hope to cross-off some of these or add to the list as the year continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment